About the business and the role
Aletek Pty Ltd designs, engineers, manufactures and installs heavy duty exhaust systems, noise attenuation solutions, diesel emission devices and thermal blankets for the mining and resource sector. We are looking for experienced, energetic, passionate Boilermakers, First Class Welders, Sheetmetal workers to join our team to provide an increase in our production capabilities and throughput.
We are a dynamic team with a near-new workshop facility in Bundaberg QLD, offering state of the art manufacturing capacity and an exciting range of projects to be involved in.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Adhere to all occupational health and safety guidelines.
- Cut, shape, fabricate metal to make, maintain or repair metal products, sub-assemblies and structures.
- Perform routine maintenance on tools and equipment.
- Examine detailed drawings or specifications to establish job, material, dimensions, welding and equipment requirements.
- Select the appropriate materials, methods, equipment, tools and process necessary to complete the job.
Skills and experience
- First Class Welding
- Able to Perform Calculations
- Able to Perform Manual Work
- Good Manual Dexterity with the Ability to Use Tools and Machinery
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Safety Awareness
- Strong Attention to Detail and Accuracy
- The ability to work with a range of metal types and thicknesses.
- Preferred AS1796-8G / AS1796-7 Qualifications.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in 1st Class Welding.
- Extensive experience with MIG and TIG welding of Mild Steel, Stainless
Essentially, someone who shares our Values and Ambitions, Perseverance, Collaboration and Authenticity. You have integrity, a deep respect for diverse perspectives and care about the people you work with. You are team-oriented, innovative and a naturally engaging person. Not only are you proud of the high performance and uncompromising quality of the work you do, but you strive to live the shared values of your organisation and are focused on helping the company improve productivity and safety worldwide.
Oh, and by the way…
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women tend to only apply when they check every box. So, if you’ve got the must-haves, dedication and enthusiasm to learn but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to see if you could be a great fit.
Aletek Job Application
"*" indicates required fields