Emission Control Solutions
'DPM is the next Asbestos'. In 2012 diesel emissions were classified as a Class 1 Carcinogen by the World Health Organisation, which is the same classification as asbestos. Carcinogenic pollutants have no harmless dosage, ideally zero is the target.
As diesel engines have evolved to become the highly efficient machine that they are today, they have created a huge problem. The problem being engines now produce particulate matter well below 1-micron diameter, these particles are now small enough to reach the alveoli. Nanoparticulate (50-1nm) are fine enough to translocate through the subtle respiratory membrane.
Aletek supply diesel particulate filters to suit all makes and models. DPF’s can be designed in varying configurations including; Wall Flow (>99%), Partial Flow (<66%) and active regenerating systems. All our housings are designed, engineered and manufactured in house in addition to Canadian manufactured cordierite substrates inserted.
DPM comes in a variety of sizes as listed below:
- Course particles or PM10 particulates of an aerodynamic diameter of less than 10 micron.
- Fine particles or PM2.5 are particulates with a diameter of less than 2.5 micron.
- Ultrafine particles of diameters below 0.1 micron or 100 nanometers
- Nano-particles are characterized by diameters less than 50 nanometers.
Aletek’s Design Protocol
- Direct Fit Replacement to minimize installation costs
- Oversizing of substrate capacity to maximize soot loading and reduce backpressure
- Insulated housings to retain as much heat to promote passive regeneration
- All DPF’s manufactured from 304 stainless steel
- Heavy gauge 5mm & 8mm plate construction