Aletek was tasked with designing, manufacturing, and installing a sound suppression package for a Cat 777D.
The project scope and requirements were as follows:
- Dual-walled outlet pipe and tailpipe
- Dual-walled exhaust silencer
- Design, manufacture and install
- Utilise OEM mounting location
- Ensure the exhaust silencer is centrally located on the bracket
- Modify engine pipe to meet muffler inlet
- Compliant with MDG 15 standard (150°C external surface temperature)
- V-band inlet and outlet connections
- Potential for expansion joint in the pipe
- Black powder-coated finish
The finished project delivers a robust and durable solution with a reduced noise footprint for compliance with strict noise limitations. Compliance with MDG 15 standards reduces the risk of engine fires. For custom solutions like this consult with our expert sound suppression team and challenge us with your project requirements!
#aletek #acousticengineering #soundsuppression #aletekexhausts #miningequipment