Case Study Overview
THE PROBLEM: PREMATURE EXHAUST COMPONENT FAILURE
A multi-national client in North Queensland was suffering from reduced exhaust lifecycles. Like many sites, their haul trucks operate in harsh, corrosive environments with rigorous operational stresses. This often leads to downtime and increased Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) due to premature component failure.
BOWEN BASIN MINE SITE
FULL ALETEK EXHAUST KIT (REPLACEMENT)
- 3 August 2015 – Full exhaust system fitted to client’s 793F
- Installed: 18,322 hours
(0 hours for Aletek kit)
- 8 February 2018 – Bellow and 3 x engine pipes changed out
- Achieved: 15,760 hours
(2.5 years in service)
- 1 June 2021 – 1 x muffler changed out
- Achieved: 35,160 hours
(5.8 years in service)
6 YEARS IN SERVICE
- 3 August 2021 – 1 x muffler and 2 x pipes still intact
- Achieved: 35,311 hours
(6 years in service)
Extending 793F Exhaust Lifecycle
THE SOLUTION: ALETEK DIRECT-FIT EXHAUST UPGRADE FOR 793F
Even with highly corrosive site conditions, Aletek’s Direct-Fit replacement exhaust system exceeded onsite expectations. Aletek direct-fit exhausts are a strategic upgrade that can deliver an estimated 30% reduction in TCO (Total Cost of Ownership). Our exhaust components are fully interchangeable with OEM.
Aletek Exhaust Strategic Advantages
Up to 6-years lifecycle verified on parts of our 793F exhaust kit.
Ease Of Fitment
Technical support, user guides and training available.
Aletek exhaust components are interchangeable with OEM parts.
Invest in an Aletek exhaust for reduced downtime and TCO.
“Part of Aletek’s exhaust kit was intact, without cracking or defects, after 35,000 hours and 6-years in service. This is awesome!”
TECHNICAL PRODUCT MANAGER
Aletek Upgrades for 793F Haul Trucks
DIRECT-FIT EXHAUST SYSTEM & PARTS
- Compatible with Cat 793F engine specifications
- Engine pipes, mufflers, V-bands, brackets, clamps and fitting hardware
- Solid machined flange on pipe ends, strategically located vent ports
- Exhaust parts are compatible with OEM parts
- Australian designed and manufactured
DIRECT-FIT BELLOWS UPGRADE
- Faster and easier installs
- Replacement bellows for engine pipes, manifolds, turbo inlets and outlets
- No alignment or crimping tools required
- Designed to withstand temps up to 800°C
BLANKETS ADD-ON FOR EXHAUST SYSTEM
- Essential for fire mitigation and worker safety
- Prevent engine fires and site shutdowns
- Quick-fit springs are pre-fitted for faster installs and perfect tension
- Lobster-back design for superior fitment on pipe bend sections
- Designed from 3D scans
YOUR NEXT STEPS
Does your site have the Aletek Advantage for your 793F haul trucks? Our direct-fit exhaust system is a tried and tested upgrade for the harshest of environments. Whether you need to replace part or all of your exhaust system, our exhaust pipes and components are interchangeable with OEM parts.
Aletek recommends adding thermal insulation blankets (lagging) as a preventative measure to engine components such as turbos, manifolds and Tee-juctions. A full blanket solution offers maximum effectiveness for asset fire mitigation. Contact our team for expert advice and strategy assistance.
Phone: Call us to speak with a specialist
Email: Contact us to talk more
Request a quote
"*" indicates required fields