Case Study Overview
Learn more about the problem with diesel emissions and the solution offered by our DPF upgrades. Aletek offers a range of specialised DPF solutions for underground mining.
DPF UPGRADES FOR UNDERGROUND MINING
SAFETY & EFFICIENCY FOR MOBILE EQUIPMENT
MAINTENANCE CREWS, RELIABILITY ENGINEERS, PLANNERS
REDUCED DPM FOR WORKER SAFETY, REDUCED BACKPRESSURE, PERFORMANCE
COMBATTING DPM FOR A SAFER UNDERGROUND
The problem with diesel engine emissions
In response to addressing the issue of reducing diesel emissions, Aletek has developed a specialised range of Emission Control Solutions. We are committed to improving the lives of workers on mine sites who are continually exposed to Diesel Particulate Matter (DPM).
As diesel engines have evolved to become the highly efficient machines that they are today, they have created a huge problem. The problem is that engines now produce particulate matter well below 1-micron diameter, and these particles are now small enough to reach the alveoli (the subtle respiratory membrane, a barrier that normally prevents particles from entering the bloodstream). Nanoparticles (50-1nm) are fine enough to translocate through the subtle respiratory membrane.
Purpose-built DPF solutions
Aletek’s Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) product range has been specifically designed to combat the issue of DPM. We can also provide onsite emissions testing and audits to assess the reduction of DPM and gaseous emissions. We also offer DPF cleaning services to ensure longevity and optimal performance.
Our range of purpose-built DPFs includes:
- Wall-Flow DPFs
- Diesel Oxidation Catalysts
- Flow-Through DPFs (Partial DPFs)
“Aletek Wall-Flow (>99%) DPFs provide maximum effectiveness in trapping Diesel Particulate Matter (DPM) for a safer underground working environment.”
UNDERGROUND ACCOUNT MANAGER
Aletek DPF Solutions
Aletek Wall-Flow DPFs are designed to trap DPM at >99% and gaseous emissions produced by diesel engines.
The substrates used are a catalyst-coated cordierite. The catalyst coating eliminates the requirement of a Diesel Oxidation Catalyst upstream of the DPF, reducing exhaust backpressure. Aletek substrates are VERT-approved and rated DPFs. They are engineered and tested to remove ultrafine and nanoparticles from the exhaust stream.
- No active regeneration or fuel-borne additives
- Available for retrofit in-line on the exhaust system or integration into the silencer or muffler
- Complete with backpressure and temperature monitor for peak performance and less downtime
- Effectively removes diesel nanoparticles (pose the highest human health risks)
- High DPM reduction with minimal maintenance
Flow-through DPFs, also known as partial DPFs, effectively remove DPM with lower backpressures than wall-flow filters.
Partial filters are suitable for most above-ground diesel engine applications. These filters are ideal for retrofitting on most diesel engines where DPFs are unsuitable, including light-duty cycle, older and two-stroke engines. The partial filter provides fault-free engine performance, consisting of an open channel structure that will not block easily.
- Reduces up to 60% DPM
- Looks, installs and operates like a conventional diesel oxidation catalyst
- Does not clog or accumulate soot particles with no maintenance required
- Backpressure less than 20 inches wc (5KPa), complies with off-highway exhaust system limits
- High conversion efficiency for CO, HC and DPM
Diesel Oxidation Catalysts drastically reduce carbon monoxide (CO), hydrocarbons (HC) and exhaust irritants from diesel exhaust systems.
These catalytic converters contain a brazed metallic honeycomb substrate with a precious coating (application dependent). This range includes three-way catalysts for rich burn engines, oxidation catalysts for lean burn engine and diesel engine applications. Catalysts can be purchased for retrofit into exhaust piping or integration into our silencer packages.
- Maintenance-friendly and trouble-free performance
- Custom-designed for each vehicle model to replace the OEM muffler directly
- Lowest exhaust flow restriction for any purifier resulting in lowest backpressure
- Effectively removes carbon monoxide, hydrocarbons and exhaust irritants
YOUR NEXT STEPS
It’s no secret that DPFs are vital in reducing DPM for worker safety underground. Our team can share insights on why tailor-made wall-flow DPFs with premium-grade filters are essential for your underground mining operations. In addition to practical insights, we have resources such as DPF User Guides, tech sheets and informative presentations.
Contact us to get a copy of these resources or learn more about our peerless range of Diesel Particulate Filters.
Phone: Call us to speak with a specialist
Email: Contact us to talk more
LET’S TALK MORE
"*" indicates required fields